Reverse Shell for Nokia 770
The "maemo" version of Reverse Shell provides pretty easy remote access to
Nokia 770 Internet tablet.
The only other requrements are:
- RevSH is installed on N770 (from a debian package)
- Dropbear ssh client is installed on N770 (from a debian package)
- There is linux machine that is accessible via secure shell server
- revsh.c is compiled there and resulting binary is reachable in user's
PATH (I have ~/bin in PATH, and revsh resides there).
When these are set, one can launch RevSH Tunnel, connect to remote
machine and then, on shell on that remote machine use revsh command
line client to access N770 quite like one would use rsh/ssh commands...
The good point here is that one doesn't need to set passwords or
ssh hostkeys on N770 and the access to N770 is only available when
"tunnel" is opened from N770.
RevSH sources and debian packages are available at this
page. Browse Maemo web pages for
Dropbear ssh client.
In that page there is general information of RevSH. Please read.
Finally some Notes of Maemo version of RevSH Tunnel GUI program in the
- I could not code proper d-bus interface to RevSH Tunnel; it just
"escapes" from itself by fork()ing, close()ing and setsid()ing.
- RevSH Tunnel output window is not truncated at any time.
- A few things are hacked to make the gui work. The GUI program compiles
nicely for standard GTK desktop, with much less hacks required.